Sunday, March 30, 2003

A few news updates:

Stupid Bald Man Sticks Foot in Mouth up to left testicle:Peter Arnett appeared on Iraq's State-run news to accept the "Jane Fonda Comfort to the Enemy" award. In an unprecedented move, he was also awarded as part of the same ceremony the "Should've thought before I said anything and here comes my Pink Slip" award that was awarded to Michael Moore just last week. Said Moore when he heard the news, "I was under the impression that I was passing the torch to Peter, but apparently it's more of a club that you can't get out of, ever. Hanoi Jane is going to explain the rules of being a social pariah in our own country to us at next week's meeting. OJ is going to speak, as well.... I'm so excited."


Iraqi Soldiers get nasty surprise during ambush: I can't find the link, but the story struck me as terribly funny in that morbid "Wow, sucks to be you" kinda way. During the suicide pickup truck attacks (apparently Saddam has been learning to play AOE2 online from Todd: "Build big army, toss into meat grinder, lather, rinse, repeat.") Where was I? Oh yeah, during these attacks, the Allied tank troops found that if they were looking down a city street lined with hiding places for enemy soldiers, they could fire 120mm shells down the road. The passing of the shell creates a vacuum capable of pulling the hiding Iraqis out into the street where they are easy prey. "I have you in my sights as you near my hiding place, Yankee infidel.... What was that noise? ..... Hey!?! Oh S**T!!!"

No comments: