Wednesday, March 31, 2004

BASEBALL: FANTASY LEAGUE

This year, I'm trying my hand at owning a team in a fantasy baseball league. So far, it's been a very enjoyable process and highlighted the massive gap in my baseball knowledge to any player that doesn't wear a Angel's uniform.

So, here's my 2004 team!



I'm most excited about picking up Vladimir Guerrero, one of the newest Angels players, and arguably one of the top 5 players in baseball. I also signed hurler Tim Hudson of the Oakland A's and another great pitcher, Octavio Dotel of the Astros. I think I have a very strong team, with my weakest position at catcher right now. I do have a trade in the works so hopefully that position will be upgraded shortly.

What's interesting about this is that you become fans of specific players instead of focusing on a team. From what I've read, I'll have to stay active on a daily basis in order to manage the team, but it's going to be really good time watching how my players progress throughout the year.

No comments: