Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A Short History of Nearly Everything

After finishing the most excellent Ender's Game (how in the heck did I miss this book growing up?), I've downloaded and burned all 18 hours of my next audio book, A Short History of Nearly Everything.



I'm only about 45 minutes into the first disc, and I can tell you that I'm absolutely enthralled with the material. The book is actually more of a source of answers to all of those science questions an inquisitive person has probably wondered about. What's more important, is that the answers are descriptive enough for the reader to have a good understanding about each subject, yet not terribly technical to the point where you'd need to be a scientist to understand.

I did have to turn off the CD player after the first 45 minutes simply because of the weight of the subject material. He quite clearly explains the prevalent theory on the Big Bang, and it hurt my brain. :) Actually, it forced me to think about things in ways that I am simply not accustomed, which required some time away from the audio book to process. Those of you who are smarter than me, and I'm sure there are many, may not have the same problem.

I'm very excited about this title, and I will share my discoveries with those that care to read in future bloggings.

No comments: