Thursday, February 13, 2003

It’s no secret that I drank the Kool-Aid labeled “Disney Parks.” I love Disney theme parks, despite Eisner’s reign of incompetence when it comes to bleeding the park coffers dry to save other divisions of the ABC empire.

Anyway, one of the websites that I frequent for Disney gossip is reporting that they’re kicking around the idea of changing the theme from California Adventure to Disney’s America. They went through this exercise before, but this time without Vice President of Parks, Paul Pressler. Hopefully, since Mr. Pressler has moved on to The GAP, we can get back to making wise decisions about the parks with longevity in mind.

In other news, I’ve watched 4 episodes of Jimmy Kimmel Live, and I’ve come to the conclusion that the show is essentially the television version of KROQ’s morning show, Kevin and Bean. It’s pretty clear that what works for radio doesn’t work so well for television. For example, one of Jimmy’s guests was the Armenian Comedian who has been a staple of the KROQ morning show. While the Armenian Comedian is completely inept at comedy, he manages to be completely entertaining on the radio, while being completely awkward on television.

I love Jimmy Kimmel, and have enjoyed him as the sports guy on KROQ and his work on The Man Show, but I have a feeling that this latest outing will be canceled within a few months. I hope I’m wrong.

No comments: