Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Well, Joe Millionaire certainly lived up to my expectations, although a "twist that you'll never see coming" was pretty much what everyone expected. I had expected from the beginning for this show to be incredibly cheesy and full of drama, surprisingly, I found the ending to be, well, quite uplifting. When you're consumed in a world of bad news and hate, it was nice to see the human condition actually shine through in the most unexpected of places, a Fox television show.

Here's a fascinating article that is a bit long, but definitely worth your time if you were ever a "nerd" in secondary school. When thinking about my childhood, I'm often happy with most of it, but there were some points that were just terrifying. For example, I was walking home from school one day (5th grade) on a dirt road when someone on an off-road motorcycle rode up to me and slid his bike just inches from my feet. I tried to run, but he was on my heels the whole way, sliding and kicking dirt on me with his rear tire. I can still remember that day vividly and I'll never forget it. I have a good idea who it was, but I'll probably never know for certain. Anyway, good reading and food for thought to process for the next few days.

No comments: