Thursday, July 08, 2004

I was going to create a series of pet peeves and list one every day, however, I think I'll just write about them as they happen.



I'm driving a lot lately and so I listen to the radio. One station I listen to frequently is KFI 640 AM. They have good shows, but their news and traffic staff has a habit of annoying me.

Here's the two things that annoy me:

1. They use the word "guy" all the time. "The guy was arrested," or "The guy was chased by police." As a news outlet, you'd think they'd try to at least sound intelligent. An aside, I'm also annoyed at waiters/waitresses that use the "how are you guys doing?" greeting. Can you just change that to "how are you two doing?" or "Good evening"?

2. If this happened only once, then I don't think I'd think twice about it, but the traffic reporter always reports a fatality as: "This is a fatal accident. Someone died." Hey, Sherlock, I know what fatal means. So does everyone else in Los Angeles. Pick one or the other, but don't use both.

Okay, I'm done bitching about completely stupid things now. I guess that's why they're called pet peeves!

No comments: