Friday, July 16, 2004

Those that know me know that I'm far from a fan of California.  The State has many problems, most of which, in my humble opinion, are brought on from our extremely liberal politicians and appellete courts.  While I'm all for helping my fellow man, our leaders have simply lost touch.
 
One of the problems that plagues the State is illegal immigration.  While I've heard people comment that "they work jobs that Americans won't work," or "they're not hurting anyone."  The fact of the matter is that the influx of people into California has caused a serious strain on the infrastructure.  Everything from health care to housing to traffic has been affected.  While every State can see a population surge, seeing a population surge without the associated increase in the tax base ends up compounding our problems with no monies for a solution.
 
That's why it's fun to read a memo like this from our State Assembly.  Our elected officials enjoy celebrating Cinco de Mayo but then won't celebrate the 4th of July.  Whatever.
 
Please register to vote.  We need to stop focusing on the Presential election and start focusing on these bozos that are placed in the State Legislature who backed another clown like Gray Davis.  I guarantee that your vote is very important when it comes to choosing your local politicians.
 

No comments: