Thursday, October 07, 2004

Angels vs. Red Sox

Last night, I had the opportunity to take in Game 2 of the American League Division Series between the Anaheim Angels and the Boston Red Sox. I went with my colleague, John, and we headed down to the ballpark a bit early to avoid the heavy traffic that was prevalent at Game 1.

While we sat in our seats and enjoyed a few drinks, the Red Sox were taking batting practice. Apparently, they liked zipping baseballs in my direction, because I was able to snag two balls! I gave one to John and kept the other one.

Free Souvenirs!

After an hour or so the game festivities began. There were quite a few Red Sox fans in the stands. While they were very intense, 99% of them were very well mannered. We even had one Boston fan wish us luck before the game. Needless to say, I was pretty impressed with these folks. More fans should be like this. It really allows everyone to enjoy the game that much more. That’s not to say there weren’t some incidents in the stands, but the majority of fans were cordial to each other.

Bart

Bartolo Colon started for our Angels, and threw a pretty good game. In the end, the Angels bullpen let them down, but quite frankly, the Red Sox are a very good team and assuming they get past the Angles in this series, I fully expect them to win a ring. It would be well deserved. It was a long game; almost 4 hours.

As I left the stadium thinking that was the last baseball game we’ll see in person until April 2005. A very sour thought.

No comments: