Monday, October 18, 2004

To believe the lunacy of both presidential campaigns currently being fought, you might think that everyone is completely focused on becoming as politically correct as possible. Thankfully, Mr. Matt Ouimet, President of Disneyland, has made some command decisions to move away from his predecessors focus on not offending anyone.

The change I’m most excited about is the return of the pistols to the Jungle Cruise (free registration required). Yes, the Jungle Cruise is campy, and yes, I can see the point about why they removed the guns in the first place, even though I don’t agree with the decision. However, to my 5 year old, the Jungle Cruise is complete fantasy, and the illusion that we’re in danger of the hippos attacking may not be entirely real to her, but it definitely is exciting.

Thanks Mr. Ouimet for making these changes, and for allowing my kids to see Disneyland the way that I saw it at their age.

No comments: