Wednesday, November 02, 2005


iPod Video

Recently, I’ve been spending a lot of time at the gym on the elliptical machine. I really enjoy running outside, but I’ve found that the wear and tear on my knees after I run about 5 miles keeps me from exercising for several days afterward. That’s been self defeating. So, the elliptical machine has been my best friend and I spend time with it for an hour each day, six days a week.


The huge downside of this is that it’s boring. And I mean boring as in “I’d rather be watching
Gigli” boring. Luckily, I have found the solution!

A few weeks ago, I decided to buy an iPod because I have a new stereo system and I thought it would be cool to hook up all of my songs to the system. My buddy Marc has this setup at his house and it’s absolutely fantastic. The only iPod’s that are now available are the 5th generation where they play video. Cool feature, I thought, but not required for my needs.




I really love the form factor on the new iPod. I had purchased a 2nd generation iPod for my ex-girlfriend, and while it was cool, it was fairly thick. This one seems to be the perfect size to easily fit in your hand without being too bulky.

Until now. I have downloaded the entire 1st season of Lost and the 5 episodes from the 2nd season and they are happily awaiting my viewing while exercising myself into the ground. I tried this out yesterday, and while the screen is small, it still works great. The hour flew by, and that is worth any amount in my book.

Now, if they would just release Alias for the iPod, I would be in heaven! :)

No comments: