Wednesday, February 01, 2006


The Bad Place

I’ve gone to the Bad Place. I’ve really tried to avoid The Bad Place but it doesn’t seem possible anymore. One of my good friends is Mayor of The Bad Place, as demonstrated by his constant pecking at his Blackberry while we were on vacation at Disney World in December. I even made fun of him. Now I’m being punished.

We’re entering the final stretch of a project that I’ve been working on since July of last year. We’re also hitting more than our fair share of snags which is causing a communication blitz on all fronts. Now, I’ve used my Blackberry in the past just to make sure that nothing requires my immediate attention and can wait until the next day. Of course, that was all Before Bad Place or BBP.

Pure evil

It’s bad enough that I’m watching episodes of Lost and The Office while working out on the elliptical machine. Now my official entry to The Bad Place occurred when I had the bright idea to bring my Blackberry to the elliptical machine. Yes, there I was, huffing and puffing and burning all of those calories while pecking little e-mails away to all of my colleagues.

30 minutes elapsed and I had cleared my inbox and by default, challenged my friend to a mayoral runoff for The Bad Place. The upside? Time spent in The Bad Place is billable. ;)

No comments: