Friday, September 12, 2003

Sadly, it’s beginning to appear that the Big Thunder accident really may have been from all of the budgetary cutbacks at the Disneyland Resort. I was hoping against hope that this was just a freak accident, but it’s becoming more clear that Eisner may have blood on his hands.


My daughter and me on a recent Big Thunder ride

Here’s a quote from the MiceAge.com update from a former cast member that had worked the Big Thunder attraction for 7 years:

My initial chill has since been replaced with anger and disgust. I am absolutely sickened that Disneyland after so many safe years of operation, has now become a place where accidents of this magnitude are allowed to happen and even become commonplace. There is no doubt in my mind that this accident and others are the direct result of the cost cutting measures that were first implemented back during the time when I was a lead on the attraction. I just thank God that I didn't stick around to witness the end result.

Why do I have this feeling that the investigation is going to be glossed over and nothing is going to change?

No comments: