Wednesday, October 22, 2003

One month to the day. Yep, what a loser. Truth is that this last month has been wrought with personal discovery and exploration. Whatever the hell that means. Actually, the last 5 years of my life have largely been focused on a divorce that almost happened, reconciliation, two wonderful children, and finally the divorce that did happen. Recently, I realized that my life was on hold for those 5 years, and in fact, whatever motivation and potential I did possess had been completely sapped. So, the last month was time to reflect on the past and the future, and I had some great help from my close friends on the issue.

To this end, I have made one decision in my professional life. I concluded that sitting through a college level programming course would be the equivalent of slashing my wrists with razors over, and over, and over. In what should have been obvious, the reason I haven’t been moving toward my educational goals is simply because I found no enjoyment in them whatsoever. So, I changed the goals. I’m now focused on completing a Bachelors of Science degree in Physiological Science. I haven’t been this excited about my education in, well, I never have been this excited about my education. Of course, my sentiment will likely change after the first few chemistry, biology and physics courses. We’ll see.

Diet update: Surprise! I’m still on the Atkins diet, and we’re now in Week 7. Who would have thunk it?

Start weight: 236 lbs.
Current weight: 214 lbs.
Total loss: 22 lbs.


No comments: