Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Today was a very cool day. Besides expanding my wardrobe with three free T-Shirts, I had a great time playing with probably the coolest geek today on the market today. My colleague, Ivy, and I were able to ride the new Segways!


Ivy enjoys inner geekdom


While I haven't really figured out how I'd ever really use one of these on a day to day basis, it was great fun just being able to play with it for a few minutes. What's funny is that as soon as you step on to it, your natural reaction is to try and balance. Well, that actually makes it difficult to ride, when all you need to do is just stand there. Also, your natural reaction is to look down, which is also bad, as it's much easier to ride just looking out in front of you.


How not to ride a Segway: Don't look down!


It took both Ivy and I only a couple of minutes to get somewhat comfortable with the machine to be able to move it around the little roped off area they provided. It does have a very impressive turning radius, and is very responsive. If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend giving one of these a spin if only for the novelty!

No comments: