Thursday, February 19, 2004

I hate Pepsi, but the iTunes promotion has me trying to get by with this inferior product. Thanks to some geeks that have found a way to determine if a bottle is a winner my efforts are not in vain.

On to more important things. WebSphere Studio is outstanding. The IDE is everything I've always wanted in an environment such as this. Some really cool features:

Scrapbook Pages--Every time I want to try out something, I have to build a bunch of code around it to get it to work and see if it will fit my need. Scrapbook pages eliminate this. They work very similar to a SQL query tool, where you type the code you want, highlight what you want to execute and wham, off it goes. Pretty damn sweet. It's basically a scratchpad for code; wicked cool.

Debugger--The debugger in this product is the best I have ever seen. It allows you to virtually change everything to your code as it exectutes and has full error trapping functionality with the ability to trace back the stack calls to find out where your problem originated. Much higher code quality is bound to ensue from anyone that uses this tool.

Back to the books.

No comments: