Monday, February 09, 2004


Tivo spelled backwards is "Ovit."
I'm sure that's something evil.


Tivo is evil.

That’s a hard admission on my part, but it is absolutely true. I have the fortune of having two lovely children, one of whom is two years old. However, letting my son get used to Tivo has gone too far. You see, my son does not know of life without Tivo. This fact has escaped me until now.

I journeyed to San Diego this weekend with my children to attend a friend’s wedding and to also to say goodbye to Hua Me. Saturday evening, we stayed at a local hotel and were getting ready for bed. I managed to get both kids tucked in and thankfully, The Lion King was on television. I let them watch the movie as they were falling asleep. Or so I thought.

A few minutes into the movie, the first commercials began showing. My son was visibly upset, nay pissed that I was not fast-forwarding through the commercials. I tried to explain that there was no Tivo here. Unfortunately, the reasoning of a two year old is “Dad’s being an ass for making me watch these lame commercials.” And that is how I spent my Saturday evening; being yelled at by a two year old. The fact that I kept laughing at him probably didn’t help.

I rest my case: Tivo is evil.

No comments: