Thursday, May 13, 2004

The joy of ownership or just how insane is the Southern California housing market?


The new house as of last Saturday, May 8th


So, it's been a scant 10 weeks since I signed the purchase agreement for this house. Today, in the mail, I received a listing of new houses that have been released in this same tract and they are a full $20,000 more than what I paid.

So, I've learned two lessons:

1. The housing market in Southern California continues to be nutty. Proof positive is that my home has already increased in value by $20,000 and it's not even completed yet!

2. The sales people don't even care who you are, because even after dropping a bundle on my house, they still call me and send me mail as if I'm a prospective buyer. I guess buying one home from them isn't enough!

No comments: