Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Image

Two weeks and two extremes. Last week, I was at Walt Disney World for Lotusphere. Not only am I a certified Disney geek, but am also a real geek, so I felt right at home in this atmosphere. Fast forward to this week, and I’m smack dab in the middle of probably the trendiest area of Hollywood: The Sunset Strip.

My hotel is flanked by the House of Blues and The Comedy Store. Not to mention that the hotel restaurant, Chi, is partly owned by Justin Timberlake. Everyone is very, very busy trying to look hip and mostly succeeding. For my part, today I’m wearing my Mickey Mouse t-shirt, jeans and brown jacket. Tragically, woefully not hip.

I don’t think I’ve seen so many exotic cars in my life, and I’ve spotted them all within a block of the hotel. Me, I drive a dusty Honda Civic. Not even close to hip.

What’s interesting is that all this “hipness” is very inviting. I can see how people can land in this area and fall in love with it. It has its charm. This is something I never thought I’d say of anywhere in Los Angeles.

No comments: