Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Tivo To Go

Over the weekend, my Tivo finally received the software update so that I can now transfer television programs to my PC. My first reaction to this was, um, okay neat. Then I realized I could archive as many Good Eats shows as possible!


For example, we tried to make fudge over the Christmas holiday this year using Alton Brown's recipe from Food Network. Well, the recipe is just not enough. There's some very important technique that is in the show but not in the receipe, such as not moving the pan at all so the sugar molecules don't bunch up. We ended up with a brick of chocolate at the bottom of our pan. Not good eats at all.

Hopefully, over the next few months, I'll have a catalog of all of these shows and more importantly, be able to refer to them whenever the receipes are unclear.

No comments: