Monday, August 29, 2005

eBay Searches

I’m sure the functionality I just stumbled upon on eBay has been around for quite some time. It just makes sense.

Currently, I’m improving my wardrobe, for a variety of reasons. Not least of which is that my career may be moving in a direction that requires me to be in front of clients on a regular basis. I’m beginning by wardrobe empire building by collecting Allen Edmonds shoes. I’ve always been a big fan of these shoes because I have a large foot (13 E) and I will go through a poorly made shoe in a matter of months. The 3 pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes I’ve owned have lasted at least 2 years, and that’s with almost constant wear.

The downsides of these shoes are the price at $300 a pair, which is what I’ve paid for each before now. Enter eBay. eBay has this really cool option to create a search, save it, and then have it run daily for you and e-mail you any new listings. Very cool! So I now have a search that looks for “Allen Edmonds 13 E” shoes. I’ve already won two auctions; one for under $100! Yea! What’s even better is that there’s generally very little bidding on these auctions because I would think that 13 E’s are a fairly small subset of the eBay buying world.

In any event, two thumbs up for eBay for providing this automatic daily search feature that requires no interaction from me.

No comments: